3ders.org Forums

Full Version: 3D Printing is poised to be a breakout in 2014
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

3DPrintingpro

Siemens will be the first global manufacturer making use of 3D technology to print spare parts for gas turbine.

GE Aviation is planning to mass produce a metal component - fuel nozzle for the new Leap engine for the Boeing 747 MAX and A320neo airbus.

Rolls-Royce planned to 3D printed components for its jet engine.

Medical Sector is expected to 3D printed an organ - like liver and eyes.

Food Sector - 3D printed pizza, chocolate with your face.

Follow our Tweet @BotFeederCanada for 3D news, printers, filaments, technology breakthrough, stocks and more.

BotFeeder Canada
3D Filament Supplier
botfeeder.ca
The new LASERTEC 65 Shape allows, for the first time, highly compact 5-axis milling and laser texturing of 3D plastic injection moulding tools on one machine and in one setup. After the milling of the mould, a geometrically defined surface structure is applied to the mould by means of a fibre laser. A final erosion or etching is eliminated.
A bunch of patents will expire in 2014, which means further democratisation of this technology. check out this article, a great read.
http://qz.com/106483/3d-printing-will-ex...y-patents/

Mel
threefarm.com

art3d

It was a great read. Thanks for the link.
I hear though 3D systems is buying up a lot of smaller 3D printing companies, so it should allow them to stay on top of their already soaring stock portfolio.

It will be interesting to see how the government is going to use 3D printing technology for war fighting machines now that the private industry is using it commercially.
For many years now, the press is announcing the "breakthrough" in 3D printing, especially for home use.

Citation: "People will use 3D Printers to print spare parts or household items such as coffee mugs for their personal use"

Seriously, even though in 2013 there is a lot that happened, with a lot of new "Prosumer" type of 3D printers being available now, such as the B9Creator, the Form 1 and even the yet to come Solidator, this whole industry is still far far away from a plug and play product that "everyone" will have at home...

This is just my thoughts on this.

(02-03-2014, 12:50 PM)Etienne Wrote: [ -> ]For many years now, the press is announcing the "breakthrough" in 3D printing, especially for home use.

Citation: "People will use 3D Printers to print spare parts or household items such as coffee mugs for their personal use"

Seriously, even though in 2013 there is a lot that happened, with a lot of new "Prosumer" type of 3D printers being available now, such as the B9Creator, the Form 1 and even the yet to come Solidator, this whole industry is still far far away from a plug and play product that "everyone" will have at home...

This is just my thoughts on this.

I agree. I think that the possibility is there, but the execution of it is going to take a while and require an increase in knowledge of materials/machine design by the user. The big thing these reporters are missing is: how do you create the part? A lot of people think you can just print a 3D part but it really depends on your application. Material strength, life cycle, etc., all have to be accounted for, otherwise the part will fail and you'll have to keep making prints until you get it right. I don't think most people would want to do their own engineering just to make a few parts when you could easily buy a new OEM replacement directly from the manufacturer.