Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Large Ceramic Parts
Hi! I need to print some larger ceramic parts (about 3 x 8 x 13 inches). All of the commercial printers I see have an x+y+z maximum of about 15.75 inches (400mm). Does anyone know where I can print larger glazed ceramic parts?

Any lead would be appreciated. Thanks!
This is something I want our printers to be able to do. Where are you located?
The client I'm creating the parts for is located in Chicago. Would you be able to print the parts?
Yes, in a poly but probably not in ceramics for some months yet. It is something we are planning to do some time mid year. Is it a complex part? Because if it was really simple shape and there was enough monetary encouragement, it could be possible. We are under huge demand at the moment and its hard to do all the things that we have scheduled into our plans. We have the equipment to lay down ceramic material but it still needs development.
(01-21-2014, 09:47 PM)KaibyDesign Wrote: Hi! I need to print some larger ceramic parts (about 3 x 8 x 13 inches). All of the commercial printers I see have an x+y+z maximum of about 15.75 inches (400mm). Does anyone know where I can print larger glazed ceramic parts?

Any lead would be appreciated. Thanks!

Add advertizing "here".

I was thinking that printing ceramics is possibly fundamentally silly if you can't get it done by the other conventional means,, I would think that the usual way of getting ceramics done was the only other option, as what has been done to make ceramics for hundreds of years so far, either by sand or other molding, why anyone would think that a 3d printer was the first option would be flawed to make a whole item from ceramics as size option isn't there, but can see that you might want to make a plastic blank to be as of the lost casting process where the plastic is burnt away from the mold as what is done for steel parts production, you could make the final part out of smaller parts glued together and then make a rubber mold as a pour mold or for stamped clay molding, all I am saying is that the option of just the one off print is something that needs thinking about and might be another way to look at getting your product done for your customer and not need to go to a 3rd party as this just seems like it is an advertizement for this person trying to make their bissness rather than for anything else, and one could wonder if that this posting is all but a mockery of advertizement for the sake of just that.
Jason@Art3D, it is not necessary to promote your printer in every post. Helping others to find really solution is the best way to get friends.
Are you talking about my signature??? I can change it if you want me to?

(01-27-2014, 10:00 AM)Anja Wrote: Jason@Art3D, it is not necessary to promote your printer in every post. Helping others to find really solution is the best way to get friends.
Sad All I have been doing is helping people. Did you realise it was a signature and not me writing it everytime. Sad
@Jason
Thaks for the response. How much monetary encouragement? Right now we're only looking in the $300-$400 dollar range for two parts of relative simplicity.