Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
3D Systems ProJet 4500 3D printer>Why isnt this getting tons of attention?
Will do Anja.
From my understanding, the ProJet 4500 is not a FULL color plastic printer, but a 3 color printer.
That means we don't get either Black or another color, which leaves us with a limited palette.
- also, White isn't 'free' with a plastic printer. The pigment must be added.
Very interesting. I could not find any info on how many colour cartridges it has.
(12-12-2013, 12:09 PM)Anja Wrote:
(12-12-2013, 06:40 AM)art3d Wrote: We will reveal all very soon.

Please write to me when you are ready.

Can someone tell as to how to make the STL in colour so that Projet 4500 or full colour printers can print in colour , my current stls are grey...
thanks
There is no colour info on any .stl file. I think you need to use .obj files.
(01-06-2014, 09:27 PM)art3d Wrote: There is no colour info on any .stl file. I think you need to use .obj files.
I will be getting my SENSE 3D scanner in a months time. This will giev me a STL am i right ? 3D systmes claims that this is a full colour 3D scanner. Suggestion ?
The Sense software produces STL and PLY (color data) files from the final scan.
Sorry I was a little brief in my last reply, I was between things.
So it is the .ply file format that contain colour data not the .obj I had suggested in an earlier post. Sorry about that.
I really hope you have a lot of success printing some awesome coloured models. Make sure you post some pics for us when you do.
And, if you need any more help just let us know.
(01-08-2014, 02:45 AM)art3d Wrote: Sorry I was a little brief in my last reply, I was between things.
So it is the .ply file format that contain colour data not the .obj I had suggested in an earlier post. Sorry about that.
I really hope you have a lot of success printing some awesome coloured models. Make sure you post some pics for us when you do.
And, if you need any more help just let us know.
Thanks for the info. The point for me is that i do not have access to a full colour OR and colour printer. I have Envisiontec P4 generation machine from which i print my jewelry model and in process of buying a FFF home printer for printing building models( Arch).Dont want to spend more than $1000/-

Thanks for the help extended.
Now they plan to release the CubeJet which will be a desktop full color unit!!!!! Things are moving fast.