Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
large hotbeds - infrared panels
I know the logical place for this would be in technical support...hardware but there aint a section...

I've got a hadron that I'm currently scaling up for bigger jobs and I was wondering if anyone has considered using an infrared wall heater panel as a hot bed...they run @ 110C surface temp so seem to be hot enough...

any thoughts ideas??

Cheers
Dunno for others but Chelsea, Fulham, Kensington, Chelsea, Hammersmith, Ealing, Kingston, (In England not Jamaica lol) and areas like Reading, Slough, West Drayton, Newbury. Lots of Chelsea fans from those areas.
(09-16-2013, 07:12 PM)dave_s Wrote: I know the logical place for this would be in technical support...hardware but there aint a section...

I've got a hadron that I'm currently scaling up for bigger jobs and I was wondering if anyone has considered using an infrared wall heater panel as a hot bed...they run @ 110C surface temp so seem to be hot enough...

any thoughts ideas??

Cheers
I looked at it once. The printing surface still needs to be a big consideration on what you want to do.
So if you use a infrared heater underneath glass for example, its cheaper to just buy the 200x200mm heatbed heaters and use them. Not sure if that helps you.