0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Printer usage vs. community
Hello,

I'm Karla from Brazil.

I was wondering if actual printer usage can be driven by community and would like to ask some of you: How much you use your printer on an average month (in number of prints)? And how many of those prints are not designed by you?

I'm not a professional designer and I usually print stuff I designed for my own projectx (like project boxes or spare parts). Even though you can easily find some really awesome STL files in the web, I don't print them as much and I feel like this is not the average behaviour.

The number of 3D design marketplaces is skyrocketing and apparently people do print other people's design all the time. Do you agree?

Thanks for the insight! Smile

Karla Lopez
Hello,

This is strange, I was asking myself exactly the same question. Personally, if I had no printer, i would send them to get them printed. But am I ready to print them for someone else, I am not sure...
What do you guys think ?
I would have to say, my designs and other people designs equally.
(10-21-2013, 02:57 AM)art3d Wrote: I would have to say, my designs and other people designs equally.

You mean in terms of quality ? Or quantity ?
Quantity. Most of the things I have printed to date where mostly for promoting 3d printing and gathering interest on our printer.
There are just so many cool things to print on some of the popular sites. Not all of them print well but if stick to the models that people are printing and use programs like Netfab to check the models you will not look back.