Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WARRANTY,WHO OFFERS ONE WHO DOESN'T
after a very bad experience with Medelmax 2.0. the final retort that i am getting is that i have purchased a product without a warranty, so there is nothing i can do.
for me this is the biggest statement a company can make, " I have no faith in my product and i'm going to back accordingly, with no warranty."
so in order to move forward and make a more informed choice, i put it out there, which companies offer a warranty and back their product as something of quality that will last?
While no warranty is specifically stated, Printrbot ( http://www.printrbot.com ) stands behind all bots they sell through the build process and (from what I've read) up to at least 2 months post-build. I personally own their Jr. model and have already had great experiences from their support--they sent me the wrong stepper motors in my kit, but quickly shipped out replacements at no cost. Their support reputation was the main reason I chose them as my first 3D printer source.
3Dsystems / Cubify CubeX printers come with a 90 day warranty and they are very good about shipping replacement parts under warranty. I had a number of issues with my very early unit and parts were shipped out quickly in every case. They seem to respond better to email support requests that contain lots of detail, rather than telephone support. I'm not sure why.

Sadly, their filament cartridge system is horrendously poorly designed and jams constantly. A lot of us open up the cartridges and feed the filament spool from outside the printer with the empty cartridge mounted in the slot. The slicing software also chokes on a lot of common and fairly simple models, generating illogical tool paths that create a messy print. I'm currently exploring the possibility of replacing the electronics so I can stop using their idiotic cartridges and poor slicing software. (Any help/advice on this is appreciated.)
It's a good point. 90 days warranty are nothing.