Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another polar 3D printer?
Since William Steele's project got funded from Kickstarter.com in the polar printer, I have never seen any other polar printer out there. Just recently, search in google, there was another guy posted the polar printer in youtube

. The printer is named as Blacksmith printer. Anyone know about this? This video that show printed object on rotational printer. How was it better than X-Y Cartesian system? Any idea guys?

Attached Files Image(s)

... the turntable is much easier to setup than a linear axe with paired linear bearings -- but you have to calculate your moving and rotating speeds accordingly to the radial displacement from turntable center, so the software is more complex ... and connecting a heated bed is much more tricky for avoiding bending/braking of the wires ...

Viktor
Hi Viktor,

You write. Connecting the heated bed may be is the drawback of this type of printer.
... yes, a heated bed needs wires, that will break eventually, when turning the baseplate and bending the connected wires ...

Viktor
Looks like this design has issues with layer precision, too. There are obviously errors in the layer stacking. This could be due to software precision/rounding errors in the conversion from Cartesian model coordinates to polar/radial print coordinates. What I mean is, circular movement creates points which don't fall neatly onto a integer grid. Steppers are inherently grid oriented. No matter how small the step is, there is still a step. The STL file format is also inherently grid-oriented.

The mismatch between grid oriented rendering versus curve oriented is why the curves in circles show up jagged on computer displays when you look very closely. The best the display can do is approximation. I don't see this printer design being very useful for creating precision parts, particularly if it uses digital stepper motors. This is really more suited to analog control which is pretty uncommon.

The one thing that makes this approach potentially usable is the fact that the filament stream is generally continuous. So, it's drawing a line between all of the coordinates it is given. But if the step coordinates aren't precise enough, you still get poor vertical stacking alignment.

It's a cool mechanical/mathematical exercise, though.
thank you vet much for your valuable contribution. keep sharing info. GOD bless you

I passed the Pass4sure 400-051 test today with a score of 964. This was a difficult test but the preparation guide was very good. and more visit this page Computer Associates is a great this pageAmazon also see on American College ,Best Wishes.