Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Taking a 3d printer to a Cambodian village
I love the idea of 3d printers and I do plan on buying one and taking it to a Cambodian Village. I plan on printing a few useful things for the locals. Does anyone have any other idea of what to print? After all maybe you know many more options then myself.
World Traveler, Writer (www.yourworldyourhome.com), International Aid worker, and 3d printing enthusiast.
(05-29-2013, 09:47 PM)WorldTraveler Wrote: I love the idea of 3d printers and I do plan on buying one and taking it to a Cambodian Village. I plan on printing a few useful things for the locals. Does anyone have any other idea of what to print? After all maybe you know many more options then myself.

I stayed in Cambodia for about 5 months in the Sihanoukville area. If your going to the village areas, a good idea would be to print some flip flops for them. They don't wear shoes in those areas, and buying things for their feet falls short to things like eating.

Here is a CAD I found for flip flops:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:22695

Glade to see that you are going to help there. They really need it. Let us know how it goes.
WorldTraveler! I loved your idea, and had the same one myself! Did you already go? How was/is it?
I am an MBA student in Philadelphia, and am planning to work with some teammates to do this exact same thing. I would love to hear about your experience!
Yes i like your great idea about the 3D printer topic. i like it. Also please keep in sharing such a great idea with us.

Resort in silvassa
WorldTraveler! I loved your idea, and had the same one myself! Did you already go? How was/is it?
Robot hand? You might not do many but when you do, it will be one of the most satisfying things ever.
(05-29-2013, 09:47 PM)WorldTraveler Wrote: I love the idea of 3d printers and I do plan on buying one and taking it to a Cambodian Village. I plan on printing a few useful things for the locals. Does anyone have any other idea of what to print? After all maybe you know many more options then myself.
how is it going mate? I was just wondering if you are getting closer to your goal. Do you need some help?