Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New rapid prototyping centre opens in UK
A new, state of the art rapid prototyping facility aimed at 'transforming engineering design' has been opened at the University of Southampton.

The £300,000 hub will offer students access to expert design staff, a powder-based 3D Systems ZPrinter Z650 machine and a plastic photopolymer-based ZBuilder Ultra, as well as associated consumables and two BFB3000 rapid prototyping colour printers housed in a newly refurbished lab.

http://www.eurekamagazine.co.uk/article/...in-UK.aspx
(08-21-2012, 06:58 PM)Anja Wrote: A new, state of the art rapid prototyping facility aimed at 'transforming engineering design' has been opened at the University of Southampton.

The £300,000 hub will offer students access to expert design staff, a powder-based 3D Systems ZPrinter Z650 machine and a plastic photopolymer-based ZBuilder Ultra, as well as associated consumables and two BFB3000 rapid prototyping colour printers housed in a newly refurbished lab.

http://www.eurekamagazine.co.uk/article/...in-UK.aspx

This sounds like a brilliant investment that will no doubt help economically in the least. Here in the United States, there is not as much stress on engineering or "engineering design". I feel like we seem to lean towards the business administration rather than engineering and innovation.
This will help students push their imaginations to the limit, if there is a limit. I wanted to go back to school and study in this university just to try their printers because I might not afford such kind of printers.
This will help students push their imaginations to the limit, Unfortunately, there is no such school in China.
Wow that is something awesome. Like and enjoyed the link. These kind of schools will be great for the students to enhance their creativity and they can show the world what they actually think about world effectively. There should be more work upon that.

Cert IV in Training & Assessment
I am a newbie and I have just join today. I cannot see any of your comments from last couple of months. Don't have any idea about why you are not posting. Your every posted comments seems to be interesting and beneficial. My suggestion is that you should always be here with new topics and new suggestions. You have suggested a simple way to teacher how to explain MyAcess to students. It's really appreciable. Keep it up. Cheers.
David