Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is best method for laying down alternating layers?
I am an entrepreneur, and I need to figure out the best way to create multilayer structures that alternate between highly conductive & semicontuctive. It would conventionally be done by laying up a stack of polymer-laminated foil, die cut to size; the die cutting wastes expensive material though, so I want to consider whether the multilayer structures I need by additive manufacturing. I'm very new at this, though as a polymer scientist I followed the early development keenly. It seems to me that normal laser sintering won't work because all the non-sintered material would have to be removed before the second different material could be put down. If there a method that makes it easier to put down alternating different layers? Are there any methods that can put down alternating layers of polymer and metal?[/size][/font]
Hey Guys well i think that in graphics software, a layer is the phrase used to explain the different levels at which you can place an item or picture file. In the program you can collect,combine or determine layers when developing a digital picture.For knowing complete information about layers must visit that url:

elated.com/articles/introduction-to-layers/

SEO Consultant Australia
(04-29-2013, 03:57 PM)markspend01 Wrote: Hey Guys well i think that in graphics software, a layer is the phrase used to explain the different levels at which you can place an item or picture file. In the program you can collect,combine or determine layers when developing a digital picture.For knowing complete information about layers must visit that url:

elated.com/articles/introduction-to-layers/

Not quite what I mean; the layers in my case would be ~100 microns, and would alternate repeatedly to build up an electrode that is ~ one cm thick. Ideally, one alternate later is a metal, the other a semiconductive material.
... you'll need an extruder for meltable or dispenser for fluid materials to put structures ontop the last layer.

For extruders you can follow the Reprap-project ... for dispensers you'll search for the fab@home-project or threads in the RepRap-forum related to paste-dispensing ...

Viktor