Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New CTC with issues
(03-19-2014, 11:51 PM)art3d Wrote: A second box is bound to make you think like that imo. What program are going to use to run it? I have heard Cura is a good program.
Sorry it took so long to respond. I had the flu, then went on vacation. I'm just getting back to this.

I tried Replicator G, just because it was in the Flashforge instructions. It worked fine for the first print. The head off a snap together Dalek I got from Thingiverse. I just got back from Emerald City Comic Con. Doctor Who was big this year. In any case, after adjusting the bed for height and level, the Dalek head printed in ABS just fine.

Next I tried the Dalek base. It is around 3 x 4 inches at the base. I got it started and walked away for awhile. When I came back one side of the base had curled up about an eighth of an inch off the build plate. It was still printing fine but the bottom would have been curved. I had put a fan in the window to vent the fumes. The room was a bit cold. I'm wondering if that might have caused it. Time to search the forums.

Terry

Messages In This Thread
New CTC with issues - by Droidling - 03-18-2014, 07:36 AM
RE: New CTC with issues - by art3d - 03-18-2014, 01:11 PM
RE: New CTC with issues - by Droidling - 03-19-2014, 04:37 PM
RE: New CTC with issues - by art3d - 03-19-2014, 11:51 PM
RE: New CTC with issues - by Droidling - 04-01-2014, 08:43 PM